Thursday 30 June 2011

Haye 'an embarrassment to boxing'

\
Click to play
Haye denies overstepping the mark with his comments about the Klitschkos
Wladimir Klitschko has labelled David Haye an "embarrassment to boxing" ahead of their world heavyweight title fight in Germany on 20 June.
Haye wore a T-shirt portraying him holding the severed heads of Wladimir and his older brother Vitali at a news conference in London on Monday.
Wladimir said: "What's next? My mum's and my dad's head cut off? Will he attack my race or religion?
"It is upsetting to see my relations portrayed like that. It is not sport."
Londoner Haye, who will challenge for Wladimir's IBF and WBO belts at Schalke 04's Veltins Arena, in Gelsenkirchen, fired back: "Your style's embarrassing, everything you do in the ring is embarrassing.
"His jab, jab, grab tactics aren't impressive and will not work against me. I'll make him fight and he doesn't like fighting.
"He holds, paws and grabs and doesn't stand in the ring and go to war like a true heavyweight sh
"He sucks, I don't like his style. I don't like what he represents. Yes, he's charming, but this is boxing and he doesn't entertain in the ring."
Former undisputed  champion  28, added that his trash-talking tactics had had the desired effect and he did not regret his actions.
"I got the reaction I wanted," said  who has 22 wins from 23 fights. "All the screaming and shouting has come to fruition.
"I got under his skin and hopefully he'll come out throwing bombs. All the screaming and shouting is necessary because people have to hear about the fight.
"Boxing is not about what you do in the ring, you have to make people want to pay to see the fight. I want a boxing extravaganza, so I want people to have passion for the fight

No comments:

Post a Comment